Flat Product Equipments (India) Limited was incorporated in 1986. The Company, over the last 22 years, has acquired a global leadership position in the design, manufacture, erection and commissioning of Cold Rolling Mill Complexes and Auxiliary Equipments for the Cold Rolling Industry and the Metal Processing Industry.
FPE was promoted by Late Dr. T R Mehta, a gold medalist in Metallurgy and a leading technocrat, both in India and overseas. Late Dr. Mehta has been internationally recognized for his significant contributions to the Steel Industry and India’s Export initiatives by Indian as well as International Trade related bodies/Associations. The Belgian Group CMI (Cockerill Maintenance & Ingénierie) completed the acquisition of Flat Products Equipments (India) Limited on June 25, 2008. Flat Products has now been renamed CMI FPE Limited.
Post acquisition, a dedicated integration team is addressing the task of sharing best practices between the two companies. An associated objective is to make the ways in which the companies are organised compatible.
As of current, CMI FPE Limited has a global footprint across Asia, Africa, Middle East, Europe, North America, South America, Russia and will therefore complement CMI’s global presence.
CMI FPE’s turnover over the last three years aggregated to about Rs. 400 Crores on an annualized basis.
As stated earlier, CMI FPE designs and produces Cold Rolling Mill Complexes, Processing Lines, Chemical equipment and industrial furnaces for the world wide steel industry.
The entity employs around 450 personnel at its head office in Mumbai and two workshops outside Mumbai.
CMI FPE complements CMI’s strategy for growth with minimal overlaps in products and a good range of technology synergies. CMI FPE Limited will be a preferred partner to supply thousands of innovative solutions for clean, reliable and efficient equipment worldwide.
CMI FPE Limited has at its helm, a team of professional managers with international experience who are committed to taking the Indian subsidiary to new heights of excellence, which is also a “Great Place to Work” in the years to come.
Our vision is to exceed customer expectations by delivering quality products and services in time and at competitive prices. Because each project is unique, every project has its own project management team. The customer benefits from the expertise of highly qualified specialists who have an international experience with a deeper knowledge of the customer’s environment.
The mission statement for CMI Group is ( c.f. www.cmigroupe.com):
“The Group’s ambition is to be the leading industrial partner of international customers, to design equipment and develop its overall performance through a combination of expertise in maintenance and engineering”.
In line with the mission statement of CMI Group, our mission at CMI FPE Ltd. is as follows :
• Business leadership
• Customer leadership
To maintain a leadership position globally in the
manufacture of Mills and Process Lines for the Steel Industry.
- To ensure value creation at the workshops through upgrading and enhancing workshop capabilities in a phased manner.
- To benchmark with other CMI entities to align with their global best practices.
- To bring about overall cost leadership by instituting productivity improvement measures at the workshops and a strong process orientation across the value chain.
• Building stakeholder value
- To be the preferred choice of customers for products of world class quality that emerge as industry benchmarks, with on time delivery.
- To provide cutting edge design and project management capabilities to our customers.
- To position ourselves as a customer centric organization which proactively responds to customer needs in a timely manner.
- To create, nurture, sustain and add to stakeholder value on an ongoing basis.
• People leadership
- To create an environment where employees are empowered to act within their sphere of influence.
- To create a culture of shared values, knowledge and well honed skill sets across all levels of the organization.
- To foster a corporate culture which has the highest respect for ethical values and which is closely integrated with standard Human Resources and Talent Management Processes.
• Design and Engineering
CMI FPE Ltd has carved a unique niche for itself owing to its comprehensive design and engineering solutions using state of the art CAD / CAM software that are developed in close collaboration with its Customers and Engineers, thereby producing leading-edge customized equipments.
CMI FPE has excellent workshops at Taloja (25,000 m2) and Silvassa(28,000 m2) that handle equipments up to 150 MTS. These units are extremely well equipped with modern state of the art machineries and Assembly activities conforming to high quality standards.
• Erection and Commissioning
A highly professional team of trained Installation Engineers provide technical assistance for erection, commissioning and operations. They continue to add value through their expertise and experience and keep upgrading their skills for utmost customer satisfaction.
• After Sales & Support
A separate team of engineers forms the After Sales and Service Group, delivering support to service enquiries (catering to service problems ) and spare part requirements for installations spread across the globe.
We believe that every time we commission a new plant, it is our reputation that goes on line.
CMI FPE Ltd. has calibrated all its business processes on a state of the art ERP system. KPIs have been developed for each process mapped in the ERP system. These KPIs are tracked on a periodic basis to establish whether there is continuous improvement.